• The recently announced Prime Minister’s AtmaNirbhar Bharat Abhiyan stimulus package mentioned about setting up of Rs. 15000 crore animal husbandry infrastructure development fund (AHIDF).
• The animal husbandry infrastructure development (AHIDF) has been approved for incentivizing investments by individual entrepreneurs, private companies, farmers producers organizations (FPOs) and Section 8 companies to establish
(I) The dairy processing and product diversification infrastructure,
(II) Meat processing and product diversification infrastructure and
(III) Animal feed plant.
A) To help increasing of milk and meat processing capacity and product diversification thereby providing greater access for unorganized rural milk and meat producers to organized milk and meat market
B) To make available increased price realization for the producer
C) To make available quality milk and meat products for the domestic consumer
D) To fulfill the objective of protein enriched quality food requirement of the growing population of the country and prevent malnutrition in one of the highest malnourished children population in the world
E) Develop entrepreneurship and generate employment
F) To promote exports and increase the export contribution in the milk and meat sector.
G) To make available quality concentrated animals feed to the cattle, buffalo, sheep, goat, pig and poultry to provide balanced ration at affordable prices.
A) Incentivizing the dairy processing and diversified products’ infrastructure
B) Incentivizing the meat and meat product processing infrastructure
C) Incentivizing establishment of feed manufacturing unit.
under the Dairy Processing infrastructure the EE can avail benefit for establishment of the following :
• Establishment of new units and Strengthening of existing dairy Processing Units with quality and hygienic milk processing facilities, packaging facilities or any other activities related to dairy processing.
The EE can also avail loan for establishment of new units and strengthening on existing manufacturing units for value addition of the following milk products:
1. Ice Cream unit
2. Cheese manufacturing unit
3. Ultra High Temperature (UHT) Milk processing unit with tetra packaging facilities
4. Flavoured Milk manufacturing unit
5. Milk Powder manufacturing unit
6. Whey powder manufacturing unit
1. Establishment of new meat processing unit and strengthening of existing rural meat processing facilities for sheep/goat/ poultry can be processed.
2 Establishment of new meat processing unit and strengthening of existing meat processing unit in semi urban areas for sheep/goat/ poultry can be processed.
3. Establishment of new meat processing unit and strengthening of existing meat processing unit in urban areas for sheep/goat/ poultry can be processed.
4. Large scale integrated meat processing facilities/ plant/ unit.
5 Export oriented integrated buffalo meat processing facilities/ plant/ unit
6 Integrated Poultry meat processing facilities/unit
7. Pork processing facilities/unit
8. Value Added Products: Meat products like Sausage, nuggets, ham, salami, bacon making or any other value addition unit can also be established as an integral part of the meat processing unit. Stand alone proposals for setting up of meat value addition unit can also be proposed under AHIDF in the existing unit or new units.
9. The project cost of each meat processing plant should compulsorily include Effluent Treatment Plant (ETP), Meat Microbiological Testing Laboratory, Residue Testing laboratory, Cold storage for holding the offals, skin/ hide processing areas and their preservation and refrigeration facilities for holding the chilled products and value added products for minimum of 24 hours.
1. Establishment of Mini, Medium and Large Animal Feed Plant
2. Total Mixed Ration Block Making Unit
3. By pass protein unit
4. Mineral Mixture Plant
5. Enrich Silage making unit
6. Animal Feed Testing Laboratory to be attached with the Medium to Large feed plant or the EE can avail benefit for establishment of Animal Feed Testing Laboratory in the existing Feed Plant to ensure quality feed.